Lynn Zaldua, Principal
Dear Pinecrest Elementary Family,
We are on the right track for the 2016-2017 school year! It was a magnificent first week of school for everyone. I was delighted to see the children and our school family ready for the new school year. We have many wonderful events planned for this year. Please visit our website, download the school app, follow our Facebook Page, and become involved in our school community by joining the PTA and becoming a volunteer.
This year, our school focus is on S.T.E.A.M., increasing awareness and participation in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. We will continue with our Values Matter program, teaching children the important values that lead to a positive role model and good citizenship. I challenge you to continue these conversations at home by reinforcing these important values throughout the year. Join me in celebrating last year’s accomplishments:
- Recognized as an "A" school *Received commendation letter from Superintendent Carvalho recognizing our school for 3rd place in elementary school attendance for the fourth nine week period.
- Collected over 900 pairs of sneakers for impoverished nations in partnership with Got Sneakers organization and Rotary Club Miami.
- Participated in various charitable drives with local and district sponsored organizations, to include: Lauren's Kids Clothing Drive, Thanksgiving Canned Food Collection, Homeless Toiletry Drive, Kicks for Kids with UM, etc.
- 1st Place District Winner for "Every Drop Counts" Poster Contest
- 1st Place State Winner for "Walk Safe" Poster Contest
- 2nd Place State Winners for Early Childhood Parfait Contest
- 2nd Place District Winners for History Bee
- 2nd Place District Winners for Geography Bee
- 2nd Place District Winner Overall for Dream in Green
- Special Merit Award for Fairchild Challenge
- Silver Overall Award for Fairchild Challenge
- Numerous individual awards for Spanish Oratorical/Authentic Poetry for The Fair
- Golden Apple Award
We look forward to another successful year at Pinecrest Elementary School...”Where Great Things Happen Every Day!”
"The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
Maria Mayo, Assistant Principal
"Education Is Not the Learning of Facts, But the Training of the Mind To Think."
Yamberli Cruz, Assistant Principal
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
-William Butler Yeats